If you can think of few things better than being part of a team that gives people the best holiday of their lives, we'd love to hear from you.
Whether it’s creating memories for our guests across Europe and Africa, or keeping things running smoothly from our Oxfordshire HQ, we’re often on the lookout for ambitious, imaginative and friendly folks to join The Slow Cyclist family. Our latest opportunities are below, but if there’s nothing there for you, drop us a line anyway. It’s great to hear from good people.
Contract: Seasonal • Location: Various (Europe) • Salary: £2,000/month
We are looking for a number of highly capable, natural hosts with a flair for superb hospitality for the 2024 season in Transylvania (Romania), Zagori (Greece), the Mani Peninsula (Greece), Crete (Greece), Abruzzo (Italy), Basque (Spain) and Antalya (Turkey). You will report directly to the Destination Manager who will be based elsewhere but will be in-country for periods of time. The successful applicant will work with local guides, ensuring our guests experience exemplary customer service throughout their time with us.
Our European season runs from March to October. Each destination is split into two high seasons: spring/summer and autumn. At the end of July/August there is normally a break.
Transylvania: April – July (spring/summer) and September – October (autumn)
Zagori: May – July (spring/summer) and September – October (autumn)
Mani: April – June (spring/summer) and September – October (autumn)
Crete: April – June (spring/summer) and September – October (autumn)
Taurus Mountains: April – June (spring) and September – October (autumn)
Abruzzo: May – June (spring) and September – October (autumn)
Basque: May – June (spring) and September (autumn)
There are opportunities to work:
- Half Season
- Full Season (break mid-season around August)
- Full Season (no mid-season break)
It is expected that there will be little, if any, travel back and forth from the UK during the busy periods.
- Ensuring the high level of service expected by TSC guests is maintained throughout the 2024 season
- Hosting our guests throughout their time with us
- Working closely with our English-speaking local guides and acting as a liaison between them and our UK office
- Managing the trip you are hosting (i.e. ensuring all trip elements are ready, organising the guides, driving the support vehicle, ensuring all guest bags move to the next guest house, picking up cyclists who want a break, assisting laying tables for picnics etc.)
Skills & Experience
- An ability to deliver world class travel and hospitality experiences
- Strong management and organisational skills
- A genuine passion for travel, hospitality, local cultures and people in general
- An upbeat, ’can-do’ attitude
- A good level of physical fitness
- An ability to get on with anyone, wherever they are from
- A genuine eye for detail and the very best customer service
- The ability to think quickly and problem solve
- Experience in the hospitality/service sector (beneficial, not necessary)
- Once briefed, a clear understanding of TSC brand
- Preferably an EU passport holder
- A valid EU/UK driving licence
- First Aid training (if not, we will train you).
Although this role does not involve any commitment beyond 2024, when we find great people we like to try and find ways to welcome them into our team long-term.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Part time: 3 days a week • Location: Oxfordshire / Hybrid • Salary: £35-40,000 (full-time equivalent)
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative organiser to take responsibility for a series of events we’re implementing throughout 2024, as part of our marketing campaign. The successful applicant will work 3 days a week alongside our Managing Director and Head of Marketing to craft a series of enticing dinners and events for our loyal guests, as well as coordinating our presence at a number of B2B and B2C festivals and shows. This role, while limited to 2024 for now, has the potential to expand as the events are of our marketing plan takes shape.
- Seek and manage strategic partnerships with likeminded brands and influencers for events across the UK and Europe
- Create and run themed events that are in line with our wider marketing goals
- Invite and manage event guestlists
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in events management
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Alignment with our product, social and environmental values
- Passion for travel, and a keen interest in cycling and walking, are preferable
While the role is part-remote, we would like to see you in our office – a beautiful 17th century thatched barn – at least once a week. We’re based in a small village called Tackley, which has a train station that links us to Oxford (10 mins). London is 1.5 hours by car. Cheltenham is an hour.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are leaders in slow, immersive and active experiences, believing that travel is worth taking time over, that a great holiday means getting under the skin of a place, meeting its people, indulging in its culture and understanding its history and customs.
We were born as an antidote to mass tourism and as such, it is not only vitally important to us that we provide the very best experience for our guests, but also that we do so in a way that ensures our influence on those we work with, and on the planet, is positive and enduring.
Who we are
Today, we create unforgettable cycling and walking experiences for our guests across Europe and Africa, but find out how we got here. It began with a very long bike ride to Australia.